It’s back to school time!
We are sooo excited to welcome our returning children and families to a brand new school year. In addition, we are pleased to welcome many brand new children and families! It’s going to be a great year!
There are some important details I’d like to provide you with.
- The first day of school is Tuesday, September 4 or Wednesday, September 5 as the case may be.
- There is a Meet the Teacher event scheduled for August 28 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. This is an opportunity to see the classrooms, meet your child’s teacher, meet the other parents in your child’s class, ask questions and be welcomed by our congregation with a BBQ and fellowship time. This will be a fun time as we say goodbye to summer and hello to a new school year!
- The first day of school there will be a photo opportunity in front of the fireplace when you enter, so come a bit early to take advantage of it.
- Parent Orientation: We will all (parents and children) meet in the sanctuary at the scheduled class start time. After the children are matched up with their teacher, they will depart for class and I will conduct a brief orientation. We will hand out the parent handbook, school year calendar, and be ready to answer any questions you might have.
- Send your child with a small backpack. Items are routinely sent home and having a small backpack makes it easier to keep items corralled and in the right hands.
- We will go outside as much as weather allows. Sandals are not allowed on the playground. We have pea gravel which softens any potential falls, but also gets into many shoe types – especially sandals – and hurts little feet.
- Snacks: We are using a community snack system where parents bring snacks as we need them and they go into our school snack cupboard. We will announce when we need more snacks or you can just bring them as you think of it. We will need some snacks to start the year. We try to avoid sugar and artificial colors. Good choices that most kids like are pretzels, cheese sticks, fruit, carrot sticks, goldfish (not the whole wheat kind – those never get eaten), and other wholesome and healthy snacks.
- Remind: We use the Remind App for ease of communication between teacher, parent, and school. It is an amazing communications tool. Teachers will send you photos, updates on what they’ve been doing in class, and other classroom information. As the ELC Director, I send important messages to the whole school about a variety of things like school closures, activities, and other important information. Just download the Remind App from the app store. To get signed up for your child’s class, follow the appropriate link:
Mrs. Albertson’s K-1
Mrs. Loring’s 9:00 PreK
Mrs. Loring’s 12:15 PreK
Mrs. Ward’s PreK
Mrs. Klossner’s 9:00 PS
Mrs. Klossner’s 11:45 PS
God’s abundant blessings upon your family as you savor the remains of summer and we look forward to seeing you Tuesday!